Do you cringe when you hear the words “change order”? Do you have recurring nightmares about your trial changing course and all of a sudden, you’re drowning in an ocean of added costs and delays – with no dry land in sight?
For many pharma and biotech study teams, this is not just a nightmare – it’s an unfortunate reality. When your trial changes course, it triggers an onslaught of system changes that can result in costly delays and logistical headaches. Not only are you dealing with IRT change orders, but you are also likely dealing with changes to multiple systems (eCOA, EDC, etc.).
So the question is - can change orders be avoided?
Our answer is yes.
While we don’t claim to eliminate every change order (especially if the entire scope of your clinical protocol changes), we do provide users with a high-quality system that eliminates change orders for many common mid-study updates we see in clinical trials today.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of system updates that do not require a change order and can be done directly through the Suvoda IRT user interface:
Study and Site
- Adding and modifying cohorts
- Modifying cohort dose
- Adding sites
- Modifying site or investigator data
- Modifying study enrollment and screening limits
- Modifying site enrollment and screening limits
- Activating and deactivating sites
- Creating or modifying ad-hoc reports
- Adding visits through our dynamic scheduling functionality
- Adding depots
- Modifying depot distribution
- Adding or modifying supply strategies
- Modifying supply strategy association with sites
- Adding lots
- Modifying expiration dates
- Adding and modifying drug label groups
- Drug release
- Releasing or withholding drug for use by country and/or globally
- Fixing site user mistakes by correcting subject or drug data
- Adding/modifying new rules for temperature excursions
- Adding/modifying drug destruction facilities
- Modifying variable drug sourcing
- Adding or modifying notification subscriptions
- Adding users
- Modifying users’ access and role
- Adding or modifying user roles
- Modifying system role permissions
At Suvoda, we take a different approach to IRT system design, which in turn results in a significant reduction in change orders. We understand your trial will change, doses will need to be modified, and cohorts will need to be added (just to name a few!). That’s why we built a highly flexible system that allows you and your study team to easily make changes directly through the IRT interface – avoiding those pesky common change orders altogether.
When you start working with Suvoda, you will work with a consistent group of IRT experts who know to ask all the right questions about your study up front. The result? A system built with flexible modules that offers cost predictability, decreased frustration, and improved overall trial efficiency.
By doing the thinking and planning up front with your Suvoda Project Team, you can expect timelines to be met and after go-live headaches to be minimal. Your IRT system should be the least of your worries. With Suvoda, you can confidently expect the unexpected and gracefully navigate the unknowns of your clinical program.
How do you feel about change orders? Would your life be easier without them?
Want to learn more about Suvoda IRT's advanced functionalities?
Subscribe to Our Blog
Tell us what you want to read about!
Interested in reading about a particular subject? Let us know! We love hearing from readers. Just send an email to email@example.com with your suggestions.
- Clinical Trials
- Managing Clinical Trials
- study design
- clinical research
- Adaptive Randomization
- Suvoda Serves!
- basket trials
- central pharmacy
- depot vendors
- temperature excursion management